Friday, February 27, 2009

Birthday Boy

My son has been asking to go skiing since his first trip up to the resort this year. Each venture up to the canyon we hear the words "no" (snow) then "skeen" (skiing). He and his father have been pretending to ski around the house, jumping side to side and making the sound "choos". So, for his second birthday, we gave him a lesson. I was a little nervous, I wasn't sure he was old enough, but they assured me that children his age have taken lessons.

It turns out that he is a decent little skiier. The instructor told us that children his age usually can't balance their own weight, and she has to hold them up as they learn. As you can see, he did very well and enjoyed himself immensely. He hasn't stopped talking about it and we often find him jumping around saying "choos".

We love you little skiier boy!!!! I can't believe you are already two.

2 comments:

Elaine Ferguson Ruitman said...

How fun! He did so good! A lot better than I did the first time I tried to ski!!
Good job my little grandson!
I Love You
Grandma R

Jennifer said...

That was awesome! He is a pro already.