Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Am I really done?

Well, I just went through 4 very crazy days. I typed and revised and typed and then revised my presentation again. I sat through 20 presentations, most of them teachers no fair, and gave mine. (When I say that the others were teachers, I mean they are good at being up in front of a group teaching or presenting. I had notes and they did not.)

I FINISHED

I honestly can't believe it. After all of the work, it seems so strange to be done. I sat at the table after being grilled (yes they really grilled me, ugh) by the other students and professors and almost cried. I tried to show no emotion on my face, I think I did well. I sat through 2 other presentations (being very jealous that they were used to the teaching forum) then we had a 10 minute break. I walked out of the building and sat at some tables nearby. I finally was able to let a few tears slip by. I called tono (Ernesto) and he said congrats. I didn't know how to portray to him what I was feeling.

I felt relief, I felt regret for not doing as well as I really wanted to, and I just felt so amazed that I had really done it. He has his degree, it didn't affect him that way when he finished. So I sat and thought about that and then tried to chalk to tears up to pregnancy and hormones. :)

I think I will walk in December.

Master's Acknowledgements:

Costume and jewelry designer: Daniela
Good little sleeper: Antony
Daycare shuffler: Tono

Daniela wanted to dress me and pick out my jewelry for the big days, Antony slept the entire night on Monday, and Tono took care of the morning routines with the kids. Thanks!!!

So, now I can move on with my life. Time to post some pregnancy pics and discuss other fun topics. I have a little store of topics to address in my little brain. And, plenty of work waiting at the job after 2 days of being gone. Oh yea!!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congrats on finishing that is awesome. I'm so happy to hear that you are pregnant again.

Jess said...

Congrats, Rach! What an incredible accomplishment?! You are amazing! Way to go!

Melissa said...

Congratulations Rachael! That is such an awesome accomplishment! Way to go!

Todd and Lisa said...

Congrats rach! That's awesome!

Goulidng and Christina Stoddard said...

Congrats Rach! I didn't know any of this information. Your Pregnant and going to school that is amazing. check out my blog sometime wearealwaysbarefoot.com

Flying monkey clan said...

Cousin, you have to let me into your blog. I have tried several times to get into it, but I am not on your list. Can you put me on. I am radelahoz with gmail. Also I would love to be on your sister's list too.