Friday, August 1, 2008

Coutdown till the end

I've decided to give a little countdown untill my Master's presentation and the culmination of my degree on Tuesday at 9:00 A.M. When I was younger, I NEVER got nervous for any type of presentation. However, now that I am older, I feel an odd churning in my stomach every time I think of speaking in front of everyone.

Maybe that is due to the fact that I have not done this project (paper and presentation) exactly the way they have wanted me to. My major professor has been fine to work with me, but the committee members did not exactly get the final draft of my paper. I keep telling myself that this is not about being the best, this is about finishing. But, there is a small part of me that feels really bad that I haven't been able to put my all into this final paper and presentation, cuz it could have been better and I hate looking like such a slacker.

But, what do you do when you are working full time, a mother to a teenager and a baby, and settling into a new home, and pregnant (yes you heard me right, I'll post about it soon). I have just been pushing myself as hard as I can to accomplish this dream for myself I've wanted it so badly! I started this degree 5 years ago when I wasn't even fathoming Antony. Daniela was older and it was fine, but this has turned into an all out circus. And, now it is time for this little piece of life to be over, that happens on TUESDAY!!!! I can't believe that it is almost over, and I am so grateful.

I have been imagining all of my free time, all of the books that I want to read, and just the relief that when I think of doing things in the house or with the family, I won't have this nagging feeling that I have school work to do and I don't have time. So, I guess I can handle the fact that I will not be presenting my very best work and I will stumble through my mostly thought out paper and just finish. Four (4) days left.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Ummmm, can you say overachiever? I think you've got a lot on your plate. Congratulations on the pregnancy! I can't wait to hear more details. And best of luck on the final paper and presentation for your master's degree. I wish you all the best.

Jenn said...

Congrat's!!! For being pregnant and being so close to the end. Landon finally finished his degree and he is a completely different person. It's like you sayed, fun was really not so fun because you always new there was other work to be done. I'm so excited for you to be able to just live in the moment instead of having to worry about school work. And as for your presentation if you get sick just tell them your pregnant!

Jess said...

Congrats on this truly great accomplishment, Rach. I am so excited for you. Best of luck finishing it all up. I know you will do great.

Eden said...

Rach--the previous comment (alwmoore) was from me. Sister Wetzel is visiting me right now and her gmail account was logged in. But she wants you to know how excited she is for you too. Funny enough, we saw Sister Henrie the other day too. It's been like a mini mission reunion down here.

Jackson Family said...

I just talk to you on the phone but I want to say Congratulations again, I'm so proud of you. I know how busy you've been and I can't imagine doing half the stuff you do and on top of that getting your masters, WOW. You are my hero and I love you very much.