Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sleep?

I have been lying in bed for the last hour unable to sleep. I figured I would just give up. It is better to come downstairs and get some things done than to sit there with aching hips as I try to make myself fall asleep. I think I may just have to take a nap. I have come to the conclusion that when you feel like this, it is better to do sleep in small doses. Lying in bed for long periods of time just hurts.

I am one week away from my due date. If this were Antony I would be in the middle of labor right now and have this baby tomorrow morning, alas... here I sit waiting. I just keep hoping to go into labor. I really feel that this is unfair. Please come baby!!!! I am ready and I think she is too. She is getting way too strong in there. I believe that this is becoming torture for the both of us. She moves so much and is beating up my insides. She would be much more comfortable out here in my arms, and so would I.

4 comments:

Eden said...

Take many naps. You deserve every one. Praying for you and this new baby.

Jenn said...

Oh the things we go through for our children. I totally forgot about the right before labor uncomfortable feeling. The last couple of weeks I always ended up sleeping in the chair. I have a little theory about this time in pregnancy. All the pain is to trick us into thinking that the labor pain is WONDERFUL. I'm hope for both of your sake, the next time I read your blog it will have baby pictures on it!

Jennifer said...

Oh how I can (almost) feel your pain just by reading your post. Sounds like she is being stubborn already haha! I wish you all the best of luck. The McCleve Family.

Todd and Lisa said...

Good luck Rach---sorry that you're not feeling too hot and not getting any sleep either. Yuck. I hope and pray that she comes soon and that labor goes smoothly for you. Love ya!