Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Baby Weight

This last weekend I promised myself that I would start to actively work on loosing the weight.
My baby sleeps well at night and if I go to sleep with her I should be able to get up an hour before the kids in the morning and do something like exercise. I have actually been feeling motivated. But, my angel son has decided that he will now be getting up at 6:00 daylight savings time and all. I cannot figure out his motivation. He isn't his usual pleasant self either, he is also determined to wake the rest of the house with him, and does a good job especially waking his little sister. So this week I have been pleasantly arising with 2 small children at 6:00. So much for exercise.

Honestly I'm feeling a little depressed about the whole thing. Today I seriously debated going to buy some "larger" pants. The maternity clothes don't work as well without the belly that has substance to it, but I cannot fit into any of my "normal" clothes. So, I'm at an impasse. The real depressing thing is that these "normal" clothes I am not even close to fitting into were clothes I could wear soon after my son's birth. Ugh. So, now I am faced with the question of "to buy or not to buy".

My internal arguments go something like this: If I don't buy bigger clothes I will be motivated to loose the weight just to be able to wear my normal clothes. But, is it a question of motivation or fitting in the workout with my early risers cuz I sure can't muster up the energy at night, I drag myself to bed.

On the other hand, it would sure be nice to feel like I look good in my clothes. I hate trying on my clothes every week hoping that by some miracle I'll be able to squeeze into them and look good doing it. Hmmm. I will contemplate this issue further and report back on my decision.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I would say to give your self more time before you go out and buy all new clothes. You are being to hard on your self.

Elaine Ferguson Ruitman said...

I say go buy 1 or 2 pair of nice looking pants that look attractive and make you feel good about how you look. It is a small investment to feel good about how you feel.
Time will come when you fit into the other clothes.
There is something to say about feeling and looking like 'yuck' in things that don't fit right.
You will be glad you did!
I still don't regret doing that during my weight loss time. Just one or two things at a time. They had to look good and be good quality. It motivated me more to want to continue forward in my goals.
You can buy shirts that will last for a couple of sizes. Feel good about yourself.
Mom

Flying monkey clan said...

Cousin Jen, I need you to reinvite me to your blog.

Jennifer said...

Ok, What email address do you want me to send it too?

Flying monkey clan said...

radelahoz(at)gmail(dot)com

Eden said...

I would buy a couple of things too. You just need a few things to make you feel good and presentable right now. Plus, I agree you are being too hard on yourself. You just barely had a baby! But if you have a couple of things you can feel good in it may help you in the "in between" phase you are experiencing.
Love ya!