Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The big one!

I had forgotten about this since the last pregnancy. I had forgotten how very painful this can be. I never experience this phenomenon outside of pregnancy. But..... last night it happened, in the middle of the night

The CHARLIE-HORSE, Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Ladies, I know you have experienced this. It is just terrible. You stretch in your sleep and there it is. My foot was stuck in one position, my calf was rock hard and I desperately struggled to rub my leg in vain. Then, as I flexed my foot to counteract the first stretch there it was in another muscle, another one trapping my foot again in the flexed position. My only option was to try to relax.
Finally.. it ended and I lied there panting until I fell back asleep.

This morning when I woke up, I thought maybe it was a dream until I stood up. I have spent the entire day limping around. Ugh. I will be putting heat on this puppy when my son finally sleeps and remember not to stretch tonight.

No comments: